It seems as if the drug scene is always one step ahead of the rest of the world. By the time we realize that a certain substance has become a problem, there are already lives affected. Because of this, the facts on flakka are limited, but we know it’s a synthetic drug that causes a similar high to cocaine. The drug is also called gravel because it has an appearance that is similar to small, gravel rocks. Because the drug is manmade and with ever-changing toxic chemicals, it has the potential to be much more dangerous than cocaine.
Flakka stories are starting to become more prevalent and widespread. The drug seemed to be particularly persistent in Florida, as there were reportedly a handful of cases of overdose and hospitalizations. But the drug has slowly crept into other states and has allegedly reached even the northern parts of our country, including our home state, New York.
Facts On Flakka
Let’s discuss some of the dirty facts about flakka and why it’s a drug to be concerned about. Don’t forget to check out our post on the dirty facts on krokodil, another dangerous drug.
- It’s cheap and powerful. People use flakka because it’s an inexpensive way to get a strong high. It has a much more powerful high than marijuana or cocaine, but can be much more dangerous.
- There are many ways to use the drug. It can be snorted, injected, smoked or taken orally.
- It’s more prevalent in low-income neighborhoods. Police departments have mostly seen flakka use in lower income areas. However, all races and both genders are equally affected.
- It’s associated with dangerous behavior. This drug causes dangerous and paranoid delusions. Users have been known to run through moving traffic, jump onto cars or believe they have superhuman strength.
- It can be deadly. Flakka can decompose muscle tissue and lead to kidney failure, heart attack, stroke or death.
- It’s on the rise. Flakka incidents are on the rise and being reported all over the country. Law enforcement agrees that it’s the most dangerous drug in the category of bath salts so far.
Share The News Of The Dangers Of Flakka
The facts on flakka reveal that it is nothing to mess around with. It’s a dangerous, potentially deadly drug that is associated with risky behavior. While it is more prevalent in poorer areas because of its low cost and strong high, anyone can get a hold of the drug if they wanted to. Therefore, it’s crucial that we educate people on the dangers of flakka and its potential for lifelong trauma or death.
Please join us in spreading the word about the facts on flakka and other dangerous drugs by talking about and sharing this article. The only way to overcome addiction is through a substance abuse treatment program.
If you or someone you love is dealing with drug or alcohol abuse, call The Dunes East Hampton today. Our luxury rehab center provides holistic treatment in a safe, secure setting with a 3:1 client to staff ratio.