Symptoms That You Need Heroin Addiction Treatment
While some people can use heroin without becoming dependent, addiction can quickly take hold of others. Why some can remain social or casual users and others cannot still remains unclear. However, experts suspect that the reasons lie in a complex combination of hereditary, environmental and mental health factors. If your gut tells you that you have a serious heroin problem, you probably do. But if you’re not sure, here are some common symptoms:
You spend increased time and energy getting and using heroin despite negative consequences
- It takes more heroin for you to get the same results
- You experience physical symptoms when you stop using
- You’ve lied, cheated or stolen to get heroin
- You no longer enjoy people or activities that once gave you pleasure
- You’re experiencing relationship, professional or financial problems because of your heroin-related behaviors
- You have bruising or collapsed veins from repeated injections
- You’re having physical problems such as skin lesions, liver or kidney disease
If you recognize yourself in some or all of these symptoms, it’s crucial that you receive heroin addiction treatment as soon as possible. Your life might depend on it.
Luxury Heroin Rehab on Long Island
Because heroin is one of the most difficult substances to free yourself from, The Dunes of East Hampton is here to provide you with a recovery experience second to none. Everything, from our beautiful, secluded estate to our comprehensive substance use disorder treatment programs, is designed to promote your comfort, enrichment, and healing.
Unlike many heroin rehab centers, we aren’t a factory-like institution concerned more about numbers and the bottom line than we are about our residents. Instead, we’re here to promote a full and lasting recovery for you as a whole person. Dignity, enrichment, and respect go hand in hand for your heroin addiction treatment.
At the core of our success is the syndrome model of addiction, a philosophy that our senior program consultant at The Dunes, Dr. Howard Shaffer pioneered. This theory holds that each of our residents comes to us with a unique collection of symptoms and concerns. Effective treatment involves understanding all of them and then coming up with a treatment plan that encompasses the body, mind, and spirit. Only by taking you as a whole person into consideration can true recovery occur.
Although we tailor each plan to fit the resident’s unique needs, you can expect to receive some or all of the following interventions at The Dunes:
- Thorough medical, psychological and addiction evaluation
- Evidence-based heroin addiction treatment therapies
- Luxurious amenities to make every aspect of your stay comfortable, including well-appointed rooms and gourmet meals
- Numerous opportunities for physical and spiritual enrichment such as yoga, meditation, energy medicine, massage, physical fitness and group outings in the community
- Intensive outpatient program for those choosing to stay in their home environment while still receiving comprehensive substance use disorder treatment
- Ongoing follow-up including relapse prevention
Today can be the day you take the first steps toward lasting health and freedom from heroin. Call one of our caring counselors at 877-818-5539 to learn more about how The Dunes can be your lifeline to stability and sobriety.