Some of the most crucial elements of effective addiction recovery still come in the form of practices that have remained in use for thousands of years. Holistic drug therapy plays a very important role in the recovery realm, and is being used in conjunction with science to offer a more comprehensive and effective addiction treatment platform.
Benefits Of Yoga On Addiction
The ways in which yoga benefits the rehabilitation process are plentiful, including:
Enhanced physical health: Addiction recovery can be taxing on the body. As a result, those in better physical shape may benefit more than those without. Yoga is wonderful exercise. Participation is daily sessions can work to strengthen both the mind and body of patients working towards recovery.
- Enhanced focus: While in recovery, many patients struggle with distractions and worry pertaining to happenings in the “outside world”. Yoga works to alleviate these distractions, while emphasizing the focus needed to remove temptation and anxiety.
- Balance: Yoga promotes a balance between the spirit, body and mind. Obviously, nobody benefits more from this type of practice than patients who have watched their life spiral out of control as a result of alcohol and drug abuse.
Additional Holistic Practices
Yoga is just one of the many holistic activities used to restore physical and spiritual status. Additional practices include:
- Nutritional Counseling: Though not technically holistic, nutrition counseling can be utilized as a way to revitalize the well-being and health of recovering addicts. Teaching proper nutrition and promoting high-energy, cruelty-free foods help encourage a sense of wellness that few other practices can match.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture works to identify and sometimes treat stress areas often related to addiction behaviors. Cultures throughout the world have utilized this practice as a means of treating serious illness and discomfort – why not addiction treatment?
- Meditation: As with yoga, meditation works to help patients achieve greater spiritual balance and focus within a recovery setting. Drugs and alcohol create excessive “noise” and distraction – routine meditation works to clean up the noise, making room for a greater state of consciousness.
Holistic Therapy Treatment
Patients who are more in tune with body and mind are shown better able to combat addiction in a successful and long-term manner. By taking steps to communicate with oneself, an addict can enjoy a state of happiness and health once lost to the throes of addiction and negativity.
Interested in learning more about holistic drug rehab? Contact The Dunes East Hampton today! With a team of holistic recovery specialists available to assess and address your individual needs, you can count on The Dunes to have you smiling, focused and sober in no time. Call today for more information!