Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) with Evidence-Based Protocols
If you’re like most people exploring The Dunes’ Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP), then one of the following likely applies to you:
- You live in or close to The Hamptons (Long Island and NYC) and are looking for drug or alcohol treatment services that don’t require you to stay in a residential facility overnight.
- You’re interested in the residential treatment program at The Dunes East Hampton but also curious about what kind of options we offer beyond the inpatient phase.
Built on the success of our residential program, we at The Dunes East Hampton opted to expand the options available to our clients by opening up an Intensive Outpatient Program. Like our residential program, this newer program is also centered amid the luxury and serenity of East Hampton, New York, but at a separate location than our private residential facility.
Our inpatient and outpatient programs both provide the highest standard of evidence-based treatment for those suffering from alcohol and substance abuse. The Dunes’ staff is trained on all of the latest and proven treatment protocols to assess and treat our clients in an atmosphere that will protect their anonymity while providing treatment excellence.
“Talking to those with shared experiences is a great way to problem solve and feel better. At the Dunes Outpatient, our groups never exceed more than 8 clients at a time, ensuring that you always have the opportunity to express and share your feelings in an intimate and safe environment.”
Advantages of Our Intensive Outpatient Program
For a quick rundown of all of the advantages our outpatient drug rehab program offers, read the following overview:
- Private, Picturesque Location: All treatment is confidential and out of our upscale outpatient offices near the easternmost tip of Long Island.
- Fits Your Schedule: You can still tend to work, school, and family obligations while receiving high-quality, comprehensive care several times a week.
- Individualized Treatment: The greatest benefit of our outpatient program is that your treatment plan will be highly customized to your recovery needs.
- An Accredited Program: Our outpatient treatment program is recognized and licensed by the State of New York’s Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS).
- Various Treatment Methods Offered: Our outpatient clinicians and counselors are trained to offer various forms of treatment on both individual and group bases.
- DWI Assessments Available: Our outpatient treatment center also offers DWI legal assessments and can help you get your driver’s license restored.
Multiple Treatment Methods
In order to foster a successful recovery from drug or alcohol addiction, we offer a number of outpatient treatment methods and adjust them to the client’s needs. After receiving an initial evaluation, those in the intensive outpatient program at The Dunes may be recommended to undergo any of the following forms of treatment:
- Individual Counseling
- Group Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Relapse Prevention Strategies
- Behavioral Focused Therapy
- Education to Master Anger and Other Emotions
- Spiritual Counseling
- Nature Walks and Other Holistic Therapies
Success through the Syndrome Model of Addiction
We are the only IOP and outpatient drug rehab facility in New York that focuses on the Syndrome Model of Addiction developed by Dr. Howard Shaffer of Cambridge Health Alliance and Harvard University. All of our outpatient treatment protocols are designed to address the many addictive expressions the Syndrome Model addresses.
According to the Syndrome Model, there are three primary focus points in addressing addiction:
- Control, or the loss thereof
Using this methodology, we are better able to identify specific pain points and expressions of addiction from the start with each new client. This is why each of our treatment plans are highly customized to the individual client’s needs, whether for inpatient or outpatient purposes. It all starts with a thorough evaluation of the new client’s psychological and medical history.
Substances We Treat
No matter which substance a person has struggled with in the past, we’re equipped to meet their drug addiction treatment needs in East Hampton. Our intensive outpatient program helps people who have struggled with the following substances:
- Cocaine (both powder and crack)
- Prescription drugs (opioids, cough medicines, sleep aids, muscle relaxers, antidepressants, etc.)
- Ecstasy (MDMA)
- And More
Dual Diagnosis Treatment Offered
Being that we follow the Syndrome Model of addiction, there’s no question that we must address mental health conditions along with substance abuse issues. This is a form of treatment known as dual diagnosis, and it’s offered in both our outpatient and our inpatient programs.
Some of the most common mental health conditions that intertwine with substance abuse include:
- Anxiety Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Our intensive outpatient program even addresses other forms of addiction, such as gambling and shopping. We know that these disorders are usually closely related, and one condition can’t be treated if the others are being ignored.
At The Dunes Outpatient
In our comprehensive intensive outpatient programs (IOP), clients learn to build healthier relationships, gain insights into behaviors and patterns, develop emotional regulation skills, establish a support network, and practice essential relapse prevention tools for life in recovery while creating a sober routine.
In addition, clients participate in a wide range of educational groups and holistic treatments.
Here are just some of the programs we offer:
- Medication assisted treatment
- Relapse Prevention
- Health and Well being
- Equine Therapy
- Addiction education
- Nutritional Counseling to assist the recovery process
- Trauma Therapy
- Family Education
- Couples/Family Counseling
- Psychiatric Evaluations and medication management
- Smoking Cessation
Is Outpatient treatment right for you?
- You have already completed detox rehabilitation from drugs or alcohol. This is something that is not normally done on an outpatient basis because of the risks and complexity of treatment.
- You can maintain abstinence for a period of time. People who are unable to stay off of drugs or alcohol for a period of time would do better with the structure provided in an inpatient program.
- You have a stable home environment and a strong support network. One of the hardest parts about outpatient treatment is the temptation faced at home or in a social setting. To successfully complete addiction outpatient treatment, it is important to have a support network of non-using friends or family and a sober home environment. Learn more about outpatient rehab near NYC.